Saturday, April 13, 2013

Review: Time Bomb by Nigel Hinton

Time Bomb by Nigel Hinton

Good Reads Description: The summer of 1949 changes everything for Andy and his three best friends. That is the summer they find an unexploded bomb buried in the hill where they ride their bikes. Faced with the choice of whether or not to reveal their discovery, the boys take a blood oath that will change their lives forever. Set against a crisply realized backdrop of post-war Britain, this explosive story of boyhood camaraderie follows the four friends as they confront the issues that have set their country, their community, and their lives ablaze.

My Review: I picked this book up at a sidewalk sale last summer for 50 cents. It has taken my a while to read this book after I got it because I started reading it right after I got it and I didn't get a good feel from it, so I stopped reading it and I kind of forgot about it. I found it again last weekend and I figured that I should read it. As I got further got into it, it got better, but still not the best.I loved how they incorporated the time period into this novel. It was well used, all the way to the slang that the kids used in the book. I saw many problems in this book. There are many plot holes and a lot of plot lines that were never resolved in the end. One of the biggest issues in the books was completely forgotten about. This issue was a major problem in Andy's life throughout the whole book but by the last 40ish pages it was never mentioned again. While this book had a lot of history in it, there were many things that were forgotten about and never resolved.

Title: The title is really catchy. It was the title that made me buy the book. It does take a while to figure out how the title relates to the book, but it suits the book well. 

Cover: While the cover above is not the cover of my book, I do like this one. It is simple but easily portrays the key parts in the book.


Overall Rating: C-

Kylie


No comments:

Post a Comment