Friday, January 25, 2013

Harry Potter

Hello fellow book nerds!

I have a confession to make. Last November I began reading the Harry Potter series for the first time. *Gasp*. Yes I know, this may come as a disappointment to some of you. I have a good reason. (Actually it isn't a very good reason, I just let myself believe that). Here is my reason:

So my older sister is the biggest Harry Potter nerd I know, and I know a lot. Ever since I learned to read my sister has always wanted me to read the series. I didn't want to because I usually don't like the books she reads and I figured why read it if I am not going to like it. But then around three years ago I started thinking that I wanted to read the series. I seen most the movies because she is always watching them and I love those. But then it came to the point where every week she would ask me to read the series, and I would say no just to bug her. It bugged her so much that I hadn't read them. I finally decided to read them when I had to do a Classic vs. Pulp project for English 3H. When I began reading them, I kept trying to tell her I was reading them but she kept saying "I am busy, go away." I ended up reading the books in secret. Hiding it behind my back when she came home so she wouldn't see me reading it, running up the stairs as fast as I could to hide the book. But she found out when I was in the middle of the third book.

So there. That is my lame reason. I am now on the sixth book and I love them. They are definitely one of my favorite series. So here is the lesson I learned from this: "Never let anyone stop you from reading a book."

~Kylie~

P.S. I took the sorting quiz on Pottermore and say hello to a new Gryffindor!

2 comments:

  1. YAY :D Harry Potter is amazing. And I've gotten Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Gryffindor. I need to find an official quiz and take that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go on Potter more! It might take a little to get to the sorting chapter, but it is the bet quiz!

      Delete